Friday, September 2, 2011

The Lena Skirt


I made a skirt for my little niece, Lena, months ago when we made a trip to Pittsburgh to visit family. I thought it'd be so cute to make a matching one for Haley too, so instead of being a responsible adult and planning ahead, I waited until several days before we were going to leave to even start the thing.

I had plans to make one of Dana's Simple Skirts, which I've made several times with success, but then I got it in my head to attempt to make my own pattern. Not only that, but I decided to make a flat front skirt with exposed ruffles which meant drafting my own pattern, doing a lot of measuring, and of course lots and lots of hemming.

I really don't know what's wrong with me sometimes. I seem to make things harder than they have to be (don't tell my husband I admitted that in cyberspace.)





The skirt is kind of "bohemian-style," and I made cute little bow pockets and did some decorative piping on the waistband. They turned out really cute. I still don't know how I managed to finish both skirts in time, I like a zombie with a needle in my hand.

I had planned on doing a tutorial on this, but being my first attempt at a flat front skirt (and trying to do it myself without ever attempting anything like it before) I hope you'll excuse this crazy lady from posting one. Instead, I'll leave you with another cute Haley picture.



I hope you all enjoy your Labor Day weekend!

Check out my sidebar to see where I link up each week!

3 comments:

  1. Very cute skirt and a really cute model!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww so cute!!! i love it:)
    http://jaysonandashley.blogspot.com/
    ash

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments! I try to respond to each of them through email so please make sure you leave an email address or have your profile set up to include your email address if you want me to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails