Monday, July 30, 2012

Spongebob Squarepants dress


A friend of mine (the one I made the Hospital Survival Kit for last year) recently asked me to make a dress for her daughter for her first birthday. She loves Spongebob Squarepants, so of course the party had to be Spongebob-themed and you can't have a Spongebob party without the proper attire. She wanted a girly version of Spongebob's outfit, so I immediately thought of Ashley's tutorial on how to turn a onesie into a bubble dress on Make It and Love It. I liked the idea of using a onesie rather than a regular t-shirt because they're longer and also because I could still incorporate the general idea of Spongebob's outfit but make it girly by adding a gathered bottom and sparkly tie.


I used fabric paint with glitter in it for the tie (not sure if you can see the glitter well in the picture above, but it's there!) and used freezer paper to paint it on the shirt in the shape of a tie.


I also made a simple bow hair clip with some red ribbon that I had.


How cute is she??

Check out my sidebar to see where I link up each week!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome!! I cannot wait to employ this technique to create all sorts of cartoon inspired outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! What Spongebob fan wouldn't love this!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! My daughter is obsessed with Sponge Bob! She even had a Sponge Bob birthday. She would go crazy over this dress! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments! I try to respond to each of them through email so please make sure you leave an email address or have your profile set up to include your email address if you want me to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails