Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Lounging around


We're kicking back some and relaxing over here :) I'm taking advantage of my unemployment (which hopefully won't be much longer) and spending as much time as I can with my kids. There have been many trips to the playground, parks, and shopping trips to the mall. I'm loving it. Well, most of it. Seriously, how do all of you stay-at-home moms do it everyday?? I love my kids more than anything, but sometimes when they both throw simultaneous tantrums, I forget their cuteness and want to hand them over to the daycare for a couple hours so I can have some peace and quiet, or at least go to the bathroom by myself.

Connor is such a mama's boy, which I LOVE, but I'm not so much a fan of how he has to follow me absolutely everywhere. A girl just needs to go to the bathroom by herself sometimes, you know? I'm sure we'll laugh about it someday, but he's just so clingy lately. I'm sure a lot of it is related to the fact that he's 18 months, but mama's, please tell me that he won't always scream bloody murder when I walk into the other room? I don't remember my 3-year-old ever being this clingy. I keep telling myself to enjoy it while I can, which I do for the most part, but it's really difficult for others to take care of him when he's having a meltdown.

But then I snap a picture of him like the one above where he's lounging on the couch with his pants unbuttoned, eating chips and watching TV, and all of those tantrums melt away in my mind and I see my sweet little snuggly boy. Who am I kidding? I love that he's a mama's boy.

Oh and my big news that I've been hinting around about will be announced next Monday :) I can't wait to share what I've been up to!

3 comments:

  1. Cute picture!! Connor is probably just adjusting to the move. He sounds alot like Simon. Things should even out for him soon once he gets more comfy. Can't wait till Monday to see what the big new is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! As a SAHM I'm just looking forward to them going to school ;)
    I can't even remember having the bathroom to myself so I totally know what you mean!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear your big news!

    He's so cute lounging around!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments! I try to respond to each of them through email so please make sure you leave an email address or have your profile set up to include your email address if you want me to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails